Wednesday, April 27, 2011

EASTER CREATIVITY

My sister and I were on the road this past Easter weekend for quite a few hours. As with most road trips, we began to entertain ourselves, and this particular time we did so by speaking with British accents. It passed the time quickly, and I was excited to learn a new skill. However, to continue practicing, we thought it would be fun to make up a story. And so began the quest of Little Johnny and his adventure to bake a cheescake.

Rather than ramble about little Johnny, I was going to tell you my thoughts on the subject. Right now I'm in an internship through Go International. In this internship, I work beside some of the most creative people I've ever known. As you can imagine, being around creativity kind of rubs off, so I began to think, how could I tell a story in the most creative way possible? What could I being doing right now that can shape my mind to think creatively on the fly? My thoughts-- 1) read more, 2) read a children's book (afterall, children have the most active imaginations so what works for them ought to work for us), 3) observe needs and search for answers to those needs. Tell me your thoughts! What shapes a strong, creative mind?

One of our leaders and founders of the organization, Christa Baca, is by far one of the most creative people I have ever met or known. Click Here to access her blog and be inspired by her creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment