Monday, April 25, 2011

ON BEING YOURSELF



Recently I realized how much of my life I've spent making sure I am different enough to be unique but normal enough not to be considered strange. And this has worked out just fine, but lately I've felt an unsettling nudge. I'm 23, and if I can't be who I want to be now, when will I ever be? So if you want to wear a head scarf, wear a head scarf. If you want a tattoo, get a tattoo. If you want dreads, get dreads. If you want to travel, then travel! Life's too short to think how it could have been.

Question: What's that quirky thing about you that makes you YOU? Please comment your answers!

3 comments:

  1. too many quirky things to count but one I know for certain is that I love researching things and I love intricate (and often unneeded and expensive) gadgets that ultimately serve to perfect a simple function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's great cole! if you love it, then do it! researching things is great, i imagine you love to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One quirky thing about me is that I love history! Its fascinating to know where weve come from! and to travel! -Kim

    ReplyDelete