Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What to Gain from an Incredible Weekend

The weekend of the 17th was such an incredible weekend! I feel so blessed to have the life that I do. That weekend I was in Memphis and had the privilege to attend the 25th Anniversary Les Miserables production, to participate in the Cooper Young Festival, and to share great conversation and memories with some of the people I love the most.



The idea behind the Cooper Young Festival was to sell items that I had purchased in Cambodia to 1) financially support the Cambodian vendors and 2) fundraise for my next trip. I had purses, jewelry, headbands, scarves, and more. But while doing this, I met some incredible people! I met a girl who had lived in Cambodia for 2 years leading groups through YWAM and working alongside women who had been involved in the sex trafficking industry. She was so passionate about Cambodia and was happy to share that passion with somebody so close to home. I was so inspired by her because she is going to be starting a safe home in Memphis for women involved in sex-trafficking. What an incredible person!
I also got to meet a family who adopted from Cambodia in 2004. I talked to a girl who was born to Cambodian parents and can speak the language. I met person after person who were so drawn in to being a part of the cause to support humanitarian/mission projects in overseas nations. [To learn more about these causes, please visit my "Cambodia 2011" link above or go to http://www.gointernational.tv/.] I was definitely inspired by their ambition and it made me all the more on fire for my passions.

I'm so thankful for my aunt and cousins for giving me the idea and for allowing me such an incredible weekend! I am truly thankful for so many things and you all are on the top of that list. Live with purpose and let the world be inspired by your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment