Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cooper Young Festival



Today I am participating in the Cooper Young Festival in Memphis, Tennessee to raise money for missions. I have been waiting for this day for months, and I am so excited!! When I was in Cambodia in June, I purchased jewelry, purses, and scarves from the local vendors to support their income and then bring it back and sell it this weekend. All the proceeds will go towards my next mission trip to Haiti in December.

I am so honored to have this opportunity! I am believing for big things and am certain I will meet many people with great hearts! As much as I am hoping to raise money for missions, I more so am hoping to encourage people to live with purpose. I hope that the stories of the women from the red light district in Pnohm Penh are an encouragement to stand up against the atrocities of this world. I hope that the bracelets made by the girls who were rescued out of sex trafficking encourage people to do something.

Please take a look around the site to learn more about my personal journey in standing up for what I believe in. You can also look around and find ways you can help too. I encourage you to define your purpose and then run after it! You are the only you there will ever be so make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment